Joseph A. Schudt & Associates is a professional civil engineering and land surveying consulting firm located in Mokena, IL. Joseph A. Schudt & Associates is seeking an experienced land surveyor for a full time position to manage all survey duties. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years of licensed survey experience.
• Professional Land Surveyor, licensed in the State of Illinois.
• Desire and ability to obtain licensure in the States of Wisconsin and Indiana.
• Experience and expertise in preparing boundary surveys, ALTA surveys, land subdivisions and legal descriptions.
• Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications.
• Knowledgeable in construction practices related to construction layout.
• Project management skills including:
• Ability to obtain work in the survey field.
• Ability to write agreements for professional services.
• Establish pricing for services, estimating and scoping parameters on a project by project basis.
• Ability to effectively communicate with staff, clients, contractors and regulatory bodies
• The highly motivated individual capable of working either independently, or as a member of a team.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in applicable area of expertise is preferred.
• Knowledge of Autodesk Civil-3D and its related survey tools is preferred.
PROJECT RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
• Serve as Professional of Record.
• Prepare, review, and modify surveying documents.
• Attend client meetings.
• Ability to utilize Autodesk Civil 3D software to prepare survey plats and documents.
• Assist with supervision and direction of survey department and technical staff.
• Responsible for developing fees and writing and reviewing proposals and contracts.
• Responsible for project schedules, and timely completion of projects.
• Follows applicable guidelines for project standards.
• Help build the professional practice of the firm and enhance its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
• Exhibit leadership characteristics.
• Mentor, coach, and inform technical staff of knowledge and methods specific to the surveying profession.
• Assist in the development of departmental procedures.
• Maintain knowledge of available and upcoming technology and provide input regarding usefulness as it relates to the firm’s operations.
Joseph A. Schudt & Associates offers competitive wages and benefits including 401k, health, life and disability insurance for full-time permanent positions.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé:
via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
via fax: (708) 720-1065
by mail to:
Joseph A. Schudt & Associates
9455 Enterprise Drive
Mokena, IL 60448
Joseph A. Schudt & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer.